Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mahler Symphony No 2: The Resurrection (A Subjective Interpretation)

Its been a long time since my last post, have been really busy and naturally blogging would have to take a back seat.

Together with the Singapore Symphony Chorus, Bible College Chorale and several other HOS singers, we'll be performing Mahler's 2nd Symphony from 18-19 Sep under the inspirational baton of the world-renowned conductor John Nelson, founder of Soli Deo Gloria Music.

Some thoughts after today's final dress rehearsal with the SSO. But before we start, couple of disclaimers:

I shall not be discussing about the entire piece - since to do so will be way beyond my reach and scope (a google search should surface a considerable amount of good indepth analysis). In anycase, i'm not a professional musician, so it wouldnt be fair for me to comment on areas that I am not trained in.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home